We at Clove Technology believe that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase. If however you think that you have received a faulty or incorrect product, or have simply decided that a product is not for you, we request that you call or e-mail us. In the case of faulty products we can often resolve the problem over the phone or by e-mail.
How to Book a Return?
Please note that a return authorisation form must be issued before any goods can be returned. In the event goods are returned to us without a valid return authorisation form, they maybe refused.
If a product does need to be returned please contact us and we will create a return authorisation form. This will be sent to you by email and will contain a return reference number which needs to be stated when corresponding with us regarding your return.
Alternatively products can be booked in for inspection using your Clove Technology account. Login into your account by the “My Account” section - there is then an option to “Return Products”. Select the items to be returned by entering a tick in the relevant box on the following screen. A return authorisation form will then be issued to you by email.
General Return Policy
All returns are subject to inspection before any decision can be made with regard to replacement, refund or repair.
A copy of the return authorisation form should be enclosed to enable efficient processing and prevent any unnecessary delays.
If the returned product has been modified in any way (for example if a phone has been rooted, hacked or had unatuhorised software installed), this will invalidate the return authorisation and the goods will be returned to the customer at their cost.
We are unable to accept the return of software which has been opened, installed or registered. In those circumstances no refund or replacement will be issued.
Please be aware that if you are outside the UK, you are responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of returned items and any cost incurred by that return. We recommend that you use a service requiring a signature on delivery.
If we need to return the goods to you, we will not usually make any charge for delivery within the UK. However if the goods need to be sent outside the UK then we will need to charge the cost of carriage (a reduced rate will be applied rather than the standard delivery cost).
We reserve the right to levy a handling charge in the event of no fault being found with goods returned as faulty.
Goods should be returned to:
PO Box 7837
We respectfully ask that you follow the procedures below for your relevant type of return.
Prior to dispatch, you may request the cancellation, in part or in full, of any order placed with Clove.
In the event of a complete cancellation, you will receive a full refund of your order. For international customers, this refund will be to the full value in GBP (Pounds Sterling). We cannot accomadate for any fluctuations in currency conversions from the date of purchase to the date of cancellation.
Part cancellations will receive a refund for the cost of the goods which are no longer being delivered. You may cancel unshipped items from orders which have already had some items dispatched.
Incorrect Goods Received
In the rare situation that you have received the wrong goods please contact us as soon as possible - we are often able to dispatch the correct item(s) the same day, subject to stock availability.
You will be asked to return the incorrect goods to us and reasonable return shipping costs will be refunded on request.
Unwanted Goods – 14 Days Policy
At Clove Technology we operate a 14 working day unwanted goods policy.
If you find that a product is not right for you for whatever reason, or change your mind before receiving the goods, then a return can be requested within this period. Simply contact us within 14 working days from the date of dispatch of your goods.
A return authorisation form will then be issued and the product(s) need to be returned within the following 7 days.
We do ask that the goods are returned to us in perfect “as new” condition. In the case of feature phones, smartphones, tablets and other computing products, they should be returned with all accessories, documentation and packaging including the box inners. The goods will be inspected upon receipt. Should the returned item(s) be in "as new" condition, then their full value will be refunded.
In the event of cosmetic damage to the product (blemishes, scratches, dents, cracks etc.), or excessive damage to packaging or missing packaging that would affect the resale value of the item, Clove reserve the right to levy a handling charge of up to 10% of the item's retail value at the time of sale.
Should an item be damaged beyond a condition which could be considered acceptable for resale, Clove reserve the right to refuse the refund and return the goods back to the customer.
- Refunding original shipping costs. (Paid to Clove when ordering)
- UK - All original shipping costs can be refunded.
- EU - The value of standard international mail to your country can be refunded. If you opted for a premium service (such as DHL or Fedex), the additional cost above that of standard international mail may not be refunded.
- Rest of World - Shipping costs will not be refunded
- Refunding return delivery costs (Paid by you to send back to Clove)
- UK - All reasonable return charges can be refunded. It is considered reasonable to use a service with insurance to the value of your product(s), for instance Royal Mail Special Delivery. Alternatively, Clove can book a courier collection from a provided address at your request.
- EU - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any unwanted goods after dispatch.
- Rest of World - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any unwanted goods after dispatch
Products returned as faulty are dealt with depending on the time within which they are returned. In the event that the goods are returned to us within 28 days of the dispatch date we can usually offer a replacement or a refund.
If you are returning a phone to us within the initial 28 days we would ask that it is returned with all accessories, documentation and packaging including the box inners. Failure to return phones in an acceptable condition may result in them being automatically sent for repair rather than being replaced or refunded.
- Refunding return delivery costs within 28 days
- UK - All reasonable return charges can be refunded. It is considered reasonable to use a service with insurance to the value of your product(s), for instance Royal Mail Special Delivery. Alternatively, Clove can book a courier collection from a provided address at your request. Replacements will be delivered free of charge.
- EU - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any faulty goods after dispatch. If requested, Clove may arrange a courier collection of your faulty goods, priced at the same value as dispatching said goods to your country as per the Clove checkout. Replacements may be delivered free of charge, should you have covered the return shipping.
- Rest of World - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any faulty goods after dispatch. You are also expected to bear the costs of dispatching a replacement device.
After the initial 28 days, faulty products are automatically forwarded onto the relevant manufacturer’s service centre for repair. Exceptions to this rule are accessories which can often be replaced within 1 year of the purchase date.
- Refunding return delivery costs after 28 days
- UK - All reasonable return charges canbe refunded. It is considered reasonable to use a service with insurance to the value of your product(s), for instance Royal Mail Special Delivery. Alternatively, Clove can book a courier collection from a provided address at your request. Replacements will be delivered free of charge.
- EU - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any faulty goods after 28 days of ownership. You are expected to bear the costs of shipping repaired items or replacements.
- Rest of World - You are expected to bear the costs of returning any faulty goods after 28 days of ownership. You are expected to bear the costs of shipping repaired items or replacements.
Whilst you are welcome to return faulty products to Clove within their relevant warranty period, we always suggest contacting the manufacturer first. This may result in faster service and also the provision of free shipping materials being sent to you.
Faulty products which are returned to Clove more than 28 days after the date of dispatch will automatically be forwarded onto the manufacturer’s service centre for repair.
EU customers may find that the manufacturer's warranty is applicable locally. If so then Clove recommend contacting the manufacturer locally for free servicing. If available this may significantly reduce time and shipping/return costs to/from the UK. In the event the warranty is not applicable for any reason, we welcome EU returns for servicing in the UK.
Customers in the rest of the world may not be able to receive warranty support from the manufacturer, although we always recommend checking first. Whilst we welcome international returns for warranty servicing in the UK, depending on the associated shipping costs to/from the UK, you may find it cheaper to arrange an out-of-warranty repair with the manufacturer locally.
We request that phones returned for repair include at least the battery and back cover so that the phone can be suitably tested. If a fault might be related to any accessory, for example a charging problem, it is recommended that the relevant item is also returned. Any additional accessories returned will be securely held whilst the manufacturer is repairing the unit.
Non Warranty Repair
Products which are returned to us as non warranty repairs (or items which have been found to be physically damaged) will be forwarded to the relevant manufacturer’s service centre for assessment.
With non warranty repairs the customer is liable for all shipping and repair costs, regardless of geographic location.
Repair quotations which are accepted by a customer need to be paid in full, before authorisation can be provided to proceed with the repair. Clove may add the cost of return shipping to any official repair quotation, in order for you to pay the full balance to us.
Most manufacturers charge for the assessment of phones. In the event that a repair quotation is rejected, the assessment charge will need to be paid by the customer, before the manufacturer’s service centre will release the phone. Clove may add the cost of return shipping to any official assessment charge, in order for you to pay the full balance to us.
We have provided details of manufacturer contact numbers below as they are usually able to offer the best advice and assistance with regard to technical queries.
44 (0) 844 209 0611
Lines are open Monday-Friday 08:00-19:45 and Saturday 10:00-17:45
44 (0) 870 1208 340 (United Kingdom)
353 1890719918 (Republic of Ireland)
44 (0) 207 738 4466 09.00 - 17.30 Monday – Friday (standard rates to UK apply)0207 7384466
44 (0) 870 842 2339
44 (0) 845 890 0079 (United Kingdom)
Lines are open Monday – Friday 9 am to 9 pm & Saturday 9 am to 1 pm
353 (0) 1696 8474 (republic of Ireland) Lines are open Mon – Sat 09:00- 21:00 (Mon - Fri) 09:00- 13:00 (Sat)
44 (0) 844 800 6800
Lines are open Monday to Friday 09:00AM-06:00PM local time(except bank/public Holidays
44 (0) 844 3 715 522
44 (0) 844 847 5454
Lines are open Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm, Saturday: 9am to 6pm& Sunday: 11am to 5pm
44 (0) 870 9010555
44 (0) 845 0455555
Lines are open 9am-7pm, Monday to Friday, except bank and public holidays.
44 (0) 844 844 3899 - (United Kingdom)
353 (0) 1 289 8333 - (Republic of Ireland)
44 (0) 845 123 2848 Lines are open 9am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri
44 (0)330 7267864 (United Kingdom)
Lines are open Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm & Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm
353 (0) 818 717100 (Republic of Ireland)
Lines are open Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm & Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm
44 (0) 8705 237 237 (United Kingdom)
Lines are open Monday to Friday: 08:00 - 20:00 & Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00
353 (0) 1850 545 888 (Republic of Ireland)
44 (0) 8007 830094 (United Kingdom)