Clove Photo Competition - July 1st - August 12th 2011 - In association with HTC
WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED - FULL DETAILS AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Welcome to the Clove Photo Competition, in association with HTC.
Running from July 1st - August 12th 2011 you or anyone you know who has taken a picture on their mobile phone, smartphone, PDA or other mobile device can submit an entry in this competition with the chance to win the main prize, or one of 5 runners up prizes.
1 x 1st Prize -
Over £600 worth of smartphone equipment
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Sensation PO S621 Pocket Pouch Case
- HTC Sensation CU S490 Car Upgrade Kit
- Smartphone Tripod
- 32GB MicroSDHC Memory Card
5 x Runners up prizes -
£80 worth of smartphone accessories
- Smartphone Tripod
- 32GB MicroSDHC Memory Card
It has never been easier to take and share good quality pictures on your mobile equipment and we are celebrating this fact, by running a 6 week long competition where anyone can submit a photo they have taken on their mobile device.
You have no doubt taken many pictures on your smartphone, but how many of them do you then share? Well, this competition is designed to allow you to share those photos you have taken with the world.
Throughout this time we will showcase different mobile devices and their cameras. We will show you different effects and techniques. We shall share tips, tricks and comment on third party applications as well as discussing some of the submitted photos themselves.
This competition revolves around you. We require your input and we too wish to hear about how you use your smartphone camera, how you get better pictures and would love for you to share your experiences and advice with us and others who get involved.
The winner will not necessarily be decided upon by what is the most technically accurate photo, but on a whole multitude of things, so everyone really does stand a chance of winning.
So if you took a picture of that special someone, of a historic landmark, of your pet, of your family or of a random object - no matter what it is, send it in and we will share it with the world and in return you could win a HTC smartphone and prize kit totalling over £600 or one of 5 runners up prizes. So do not delay - enter today!
Simply CLICK HERE or email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the photo you would like to enter attached. If you wish to share your location and details of what the photo is of and why you took it, then please do. This is all you need to do.
We look forward to receiving your entry!!
We encourage you to follow the competition and all the content, tutorials and discussions we shall be having around the subject of smartphone photography. To follow this, CLICK HERE, visit http://blog.clove.co.uk/tag/clovephoto or check out Facebook or Twitter.
Check out the slideshow below to see the entry's we have had so far:
LEARN MORE ABOUT SMARTPHONE PHOTOGRAPHY AND HOW TO TAKE BETTER PICTURES THROUGH OUR ONLINE TIPS, TRICKS & GUIDES BY CLICKING HERE.
The Competition Explained:
How do I enter?
To enter simply CLICK HERE or email your photo to email@example.com with the photo you would like to enter attached. If you wish to share your location and details of what the photo is of and why you took it, then please do. This is all you need to do.
Can I enter as many times as I like?
Yes. We are not limiting the number of times you can enter. The more times you enter the higher the likelihood of winning!
Are there any specific entry requirements?
No. Providing the photo has been taken on a mobile phone, smartphone, PDA, tablet or equivalent device the entry will be accepted. Images do not have to be of a specific quality or of a particular thing.
What if I do not have a smartphone or mobile device which I can take a photo on?
This competition is designed for those who have this technology to hand. If not, see if you can borrow someone's and then submit the entry.
Can entries be edited/photo-shopped?
Yes, they can because there are lots of applications for smartphones that allow you to do this. However we are looking for that original camera shot taken on a smartphone, so if we feel that an image has been over edited then this potentially could detract from the originality of the photo.
Should I tell people about the competition?
We encourage you to follow the competition and share all the content, tutorials and discussions we shall be having around the subject of smartphone photography. To follow and share this, CLICK HERE, visit http://blog.clove.co.uk/tag/clovephoto, or check out Facebook or Twitter. (#clovephoto)
When will I find out if I have won?
We shall announce the winners on this page, our blog, Facebook and twitter along with an email being sent to the winner and runners up within 28 working days of the competition closing. Prizes will follow shortly after.
How can I find out and follow all the content you will be putting up?
How will the winning entries be judged?
The winning photo and the 5 runners up will be chosen based on what we believe is an original photo taken on their mobile device. We will consider the subject of the photo, the lighting, the colours and techniques used.
Someone who enters a 1 megapixel photo taken on a basic mobile stands as much chance as winning as someone who takes a picture on a 12 megapixel camera phone, as does the person who took 10 seconds to capture the photo as opposed to the person who took 10 minutes.
The photo does not have to be technically correct to stand a chance of winning.
The reasoning behind this is that this competition is designed to promote the smartphone camera and allow people to share some of what they consider to be their best smartphone photos.
What are the terms and conditions to entry?
Ok so with any competition there are likely to be some terms and conditions. We try not to make them too nasty, these are ours:
- By entering the competition you agree to have your email address added to the Clove Technology email newsletter database - Do not worry - we send an email to you no more than once a month!
- Submitting the photo gives Clove Technology the rights to publish it on the internet for all to see and use for marketing related to this competition.
- There is 1 (one) first/major prize which is a HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation Pouch Case, HTC Sensation Car Upgrade Kit, Smartphone Tripod and 32GB MicroSDHC Memory Card. There are also 5 (five) runners up prizes of a smartphone tripod and 32GB MicroSDHC Memory Card. These prizes are subject to change at any time for prizes of equivalent value.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- Any photo submitted will be of a decent nature and any images we feel to be of unsuitable content will not be included and that entry to the competition voided.
- Any photo entered should have been taken on a smartphone. We reserve the right to void entries if we feel that have been taken on a compact, DSLR or any other type of photo capturing equipment.
- The judges decision is final.
- The competition runs from 12AM (GMT) on July 1st 2011 until 11.59 PM (GMT) on Friday August 12th 2011. Entries before or after this time may not be counted or eligible for entry.
- The competition is offered by Clove Technology (www.clove.co.uk) and is open to both existing and non-existing customers . Employees and recognised affiliates of Clove Technology are not eligible to win, but may submit entries for fun.
- We shall announce the winners on this page, our blog, Facebook and twitter along with an email being sent to the winner and runners up within 28 working days of the competition closing. Prizes will follow shortly after.