Overview of Smartphone Pre-Shipping Testing Service
THIS SERVICE IS VALID ONLY WHEN PURCHASED WITH A BRAND NEW HANDSET FROM WWW.CLOVE.CO.UK.
Whilst manufacturers wish to produce quality handsets at all times, it is inevitable that the odd one or two will arrive from the factory with a fault for various reasons. We try to limit these incidents and do batch test products at random, but we understand that you may be looking for the added piece of mind that the device you personally receive (especially if you are importing it from the UK to your country) is completely fault free.
As part of our commitment to customer service we offer this testing procedure whereby we run through a series of checks before shipping the smartphone out to you, so that you know when you receive the device it is a fully functioning model and unlikely to be prone to any faults.
The tests/checks we complete prior to shipping are:
- Hardware Damage (Scratches, cracks etc)
- Button Functionality (Working, backlight etc)
- Physical Damage (Scratches, cracks etc)
- Dead Pixels
- Touch Sensitivity
- Brightness (Auto & various backlight brightness)
- Light Sensor (Activation in low light scenarios)
- G-Sensor (Rotation of the screen)
- Proximity Sensor (Deactivation of the screen when held against a face during a call)
- Voice Call (Make and receive)
- Text Message (Send & receive)
- Data Connectivity and Internet Browsing (Connecting to and viewing a web page)
- WiFi Connectivity and Internet Browsing (Connecting to and viewing a web page)
- Email (Send and receive)
- Bluetooth (Send and Receive)
- Mains Power (Charging of battery)
- USB Connectivty (Connection to a PC)
- MicroSD Slot (Read and write)
- Camera (Still and video capture)
- Camera Flash
- Video Playback (.MP4 file)
- Audio Playback (.MP3 file)
- Loudspeaker & Device Volume
- Headphone Jack (Audio playback)
For added peace of mind, if your product develops a fault within 14 days from the date of dispatch, we shall cover any return postage fees and rectify the situation to provide you with a fully working product.
Features of Smartphone Pre-Shipping Testing Service
- Tests the core functions of a device to ensure they are working
- Provides peace of mind that your device is fully functioning prior to receipt
- Especially useful if you are importing a smartphone for use in a different country
- Comes with a 14 day guarantee
Terms and Conditions of Smartphone Pre-Shipping Testing Service
- This service is valid only to customers purchasing a new smartphone from Clove.
- This service applies only to smartphones and will not be offered on any other product.
- Testing will be completed in house by a member of the Clove team prior to the device shipping.
- We will endeavour to test and ship the device as quickly as possible but devices which require this service may be subject to a 24 hour delay in shipping.
- Whilst we carry out the tests to the best of our abilities we can not guarantee the device from being fault free upon arrival with you. If you receive a device that has a fault within 14 days of dispatch (from us) we shall cover your return postage costs and look to resolve the issue as quickly as possible for you.
- Faults that occur or become apparent after the 14 days from dispatch we shall not be held responsible and standard returns and warranty conditions apply.
- Testing of the device will require product seals to be broken and some packaging to be opened too. By purchasing this service you understand this.
- We retain and you will be sent a signed copy of a testing slip to confirm that checks have been undertaken.
- Standard terms and conditions apply.