The Appkettle is a highly advanced, domestic electric kettle with Internet connectivity.
Appkettle is a UK-developed product, which is the result of many years of research into sensors and integrated app technologies within domestic appliances.
The final product has been delivered alongside world-class manufacturing partners, made from the highest quality premium metals and electronic components. The high-grade industrial finish and work will ensure you and your family enjoy this smart kettle for years to come.
At its core, Appkettle is part of a growing number of "Internet of Things" (IoT) connected devices. It lives in your home, connected to the Internet via your home Wi-Fi connection.
This allows you to connect to it securely from anywhere you happen to have an Internet connection, be that in another room of the house, or on the other side of the world!
Connection to Appkettle is handled through an app, available for both iOS and Android devices on iTunes and Google Play. With just the touch of a button from a smartphone app, you can have the kettle boiled for when you get home.
Through the application, you can remotely switch the kettle off and on, as well as having fine control over the temperature. Individual users can be remembered, with their favourite settings just a tap away.
The kettle also reports how much water is left inside, so it won't let you switch on when empty or low, to avoid damaging the heating elements.
Appkettle and Alexa
New for 2016/17 is an Alexa Skill. If you have Amazon Echo with Alexa in the home, you can now control Appkettle through voice commands.
This makes it the very first mass-market Voice-Enabled kettle!
Reasons To Buy Appkettle
- Internet-connected kettle - connect remotely wherever you have an Internet connection
- iOS & Android app support
- Amazon Alexa support for voice control
- Manufactured from premium materials
- Removable, stainless steel limescale filter
- Temperature selection from 60ºC to 100ºC
- LED temperature display
- Base controls for manual selections
- Wide spout & water level gauge
- Boil dry protection
Appkettle Box Contents
- 1 x Appkettle version 1.00 (AK V1.0)
- 1 x Appkettle Instruction Manual and Warranty Information (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian).
iOS - iOS 8.0 and above (iPhone 4s or later)
Android - 3.1 (Honeycomb) and above
Appkettle notifications are also compatible on all smart watches linked with compatible iOS / Android devices.
Using Appkettle Abroad
Please note that Appkettle is sold as a UK standard electrical product. This includes a UK 3-pin (Type G) mains plug for use in the UK, Ireland and other territories that support Type-G sockets on a 220 - 240 V electrical system.
European territories on a 220 - 240V electrical system can use a UK - Europlug converter.
If you intend to use Appkettle in a global territory outside of Europe that operates on an electrical system at other voltages, you are strongly recommended to research and use a converter/transformer that conforms to international and local standards to avoid potentially hazardous issues.
- Power: 2 - 2.4kW (UK / EU) / 220 - 240V / 50-60Hz
- Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n with WPA/WPA2 security
- Capacity: 1.7 litres / 57.5 US oz
- A11M5 Otter control unit
- CS75 Otter connector
- Temperature Units: ºC and ºF
- Volume Units: ml and fl oz - (reported in app only)
- Manual temperature selection on base and in-app (60º - 100ºC)
- Volume control in app
- Brushed Stainless Steel, Chrome, Gloss PP, Glass.
- Removable stainless steel limescale filter
- LED display
- Glass window
- Wide Spout
- Water Level Gauge
- Boil Dry Protection
- Cordless to the main base
- Mains cord storage in base
- Concealed element
- Keeps warm up to 30 minutes