Buy CAT S60 Unlocked (SIM Free/UK)
The CAT S60 is a smartphone like no other. It is the world’s first smartphone that has an integrated thermal camera.
Setting itself apart from other products on the market the S60 appeals to those with specific use cases.
Those use cases can include underwater use to a depth of 5 meters.
Cat Phone S60 SIM Free /Unlocked UK Stock
Provided without a SIM card and no contract or tariff with the phone, the S60 is supplied factory unlocked.
This means you can use a SIM card from a network provider of your choice. The handset is branded only with the manufacturer's logos, in this case, CAT and no network branding.
The CAT S60 has 2 x nano-sized SIM slots, making this a Dual SIM phone.
As such, it means you can have one or two SIMs in the phone at any one time. Use both a personal and work SIM card in the same phone or maybe a local and international SIM, the choice is yours. Or if you need only one SIM slot, leave the other empty.
Colours and memory variants
The S60 is available in one memory and colour variant only. This is the black and silver colour as shown in the images, with an internal memory of 32GB.
Reason to buy the CAT S60
- Strengthened Die-Cast Frame
- Drop-proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4
- 4.7” HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
- Optimised battery performance (3,800 mAh)
- High-quality audio experience (>105dB)
- Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM
- Android Marshmallow
- Waterproof to a depth of 5M for 1 hour
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
FLIR Thermal Camera
- Thermal sensor: 17mm pixel size, 8-14mm spectral range
- Thermal resolution: 80 x 60
- Thermal sensitivity (MRDT): 150 mK
- Visual resolution: 640 x 480
- HFOV / VFOV: 46° ± 1° / 36° ± 1°
- Frame rate: 8.7 Hz
- Fixed focus: 15 cm - ∞
- Scene dynamic range: -20°C to +120°C
- Range: Heat sources detectable to 30 metres (100ft)
- Accuracy: ±5°C (Typical ±3°C), or ±5%
- Dedicated application with MSX technology
- Still image, panorama, video capture, time-lapse
- Changeable heat palettes
- Temperature spot meter
- Min, max, and average temperature data
Caterpillar S60 Unlocked Box Contents
- CAT S60 SIM Free Smartphone
- 3 PIN UK Mains Adapter
- USB Cable
- Screen Protector
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Statement
A smartphone means different things to different people. For some it is a tool for business, for some a simple communication tool, and for others, it helps them embrace a social lifestyle.
The S60 is a smartphone that has a defined purpose and will appeal to a niche but does so in a way we have not seen of many other products.
CAT phones have long been associated with the trades, such as builders and plumbers amongst others, but also suited to those who lead an active outdoors lifestyle.
The unlocked Caterpillar S60 is different in that it is waterproof to a depth of 5 meters for up to 1 hour and built into this phone is a thermal imaging camera.
This is the world’s first smartphone with an integrated thermal camera and the world’s most waterproof smartphone.
FLIR is the global leader in thermal imaging technology and it is their technology that is built right into the S60.
A multitude of use cases can be thought of, including but not limited to; detecting heat loss around windows and doors; spotting moisture and missing insulation; identifying over-heating electrical appliances and circuitry, and seeing in complete darkness.
The thermal camera visualises heat that is invisible to the naked eye, highlighting temperature contrasts. It can pick up heat and measure surface temperatures from a distance of up to 50 to 100 feet, and see through obscurants such as smoke, enabling a huge range of use cases for building professionals, utility workers, outdoor sports enthusiasts, and emergency first responders to name but a few.
The Cat S60 is also waterproof to a depth of up to 5 meters for up to one hour, allowing it to be used as an underwater camera, pushing the boundaries of mobile technology, and how and where it’s used.
The MIL Spec 810G rating which involves drop tests from a height of 1.8 meters is also retained on this phone.
The stylish strengthened die cast frame helps with the strength and ensuring the S60 does not look at all bad.
Remember this is a phone, so calls, text messages are core to what the S60 can offer.
Powered by a powerful processor and coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory this comprehensive mobile device is practical in domestic and professional environments.
The operating system is Google’s Android platform and the S60 runs version 6.0 (Marshmallow) out of the box.
Further refining an already capable and powerful OS, one of the key features of Android 6 is ‘Doze’ that intelligently saves battery life when the device and apps are not in use.
You will see excellent usage and screen on times, even when you take into account all the great features of this phone and the fact that it does have a 4.7” touchscreen display that is toughened with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and has wet finger and glove support.
An additional benefit includes the ability to control the permissions of applications, so you remain in the control; turn app permissions off and on when you want, rather than when the app suggests is best.
Being an Android smartphone you, of course, have access to Google's full suite of applications and Google Play for downloading more. Enjoy Gmail, Drive, Maps, Calendar, Translate and more including Google Play Games, Books, Music & Movies.
Whether you are sharing images captured on the 13-megapixel rear camera, documents created and stored on the internal memory or checking in on what is happening around the world, 4G and WiFi connectivity mean that in most instances you are you can remain connected to the world around you.
A unique smartphone with some very powerful use case scenarios the S60 from CAT can be obtained from CAT approved retailer Clove Technology.
Meet the CAT Family
CAT also produce a range of rugged, waterproof smartphones without thermal imaging. For rugged smartphones with modern capabilities at more affordable prices, check out the range below.
The S40 is a large phone with physical keys and an 8-megapixel camera. The S30 is an entry level phone with a slightly smaller and lower resolution screen. The B30 is a traditional mobile phone design with a robust casing.
- 4.7" qHD screen
- 1.1 GHz processor / 3,000 mAh battery
- 8 MP camera / 4G compatible
- IP68 water & dust resistant
- 4.5" FWVGA screen
- 1.1 GHz processor / 3,000 mAh battery
- 5 MP camera / 4G compatible
- IP68 water & dust resistant
- Traditional mobile phone layout
- IP 67 water resistant
- Drop resistant
- FM Radio, torch & MP3 player
SIM Free & UnlockedYes
- Speed1.5GHz 1.2GHz (2 x Quad Core)
- Make/ModelQualcomm Snapdragon MSM8952-3 octa-core processor
- Typea-Si AHVA capacitive touchscreen
- OtherWet finger & glove support, Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4 (1mm - over double-standard thickness), Sunlight readability, Anti-Finger Print coating
- Frequencies850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- Frequencies850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- FrequenciesInternational LTE Bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20
- DataMicro USB 2.0, OTG (USB Host)
- Video OutYes, wireless via Miracast / Google Cast
- Hardware ButtonsSides: Power / Volume down / Volume up / Front : Home / Back / Recent App (symbols in luminescent paint)
- OtherSides: Programmable key / SOS button
- Antenna TypeGPS / GLONASS / Beidou
- Built-in SoftwareGoogle Maps
- FlashAuto focus and dual LED flash
- OtherDedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology
Front Facing CameraYes
- FormatsMP3 / eAAC / WAV player
- FormatsMP4 / H.265 player
Near Field CommunicationYes
Dimensions73.4 x 147.9 x 12.95 mm
SoftwareGoogle Play, Google Apps, MyFLIR, Hike, Location Alert, MaxxAudio, Mobile Assistant, SpeakerDry, Zello, App Toolbox
Other1 x loud speaker (front facing and waterproof, Smart Amp), 2 x MIC, 1 x receiver (6x15, waterproof) ,Vibrator, Dual SIM (EU), LED notification (3 colors), Waterproof (underwater 5M/1hour - ME design), 1.8M drop, MIL-STD-810G, Appland, AVG, Swiftkey, Redbend, Tweaker, Office Suite, SD/File Manager, Lucid, Zello PTT support, HAC M3/T3, TTY, WEA/CMAS, LBS, MDM-AFW
The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about this product. Hopefully you will find the answer to your question, if not, use the contact form below and we shall answer it for you.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes - If you are located outside of the UK you may want to take a look at our list of FAQs for international customers on the following link: http://www.clove.co.uk/international-customers.aspx
Is this phone SIM FREE and Unlocked?
Yes, this phone is SIM Free and unlocked and can be used with networks around the world. Do check the specifications to ensure compatibility in your region with your network provider. No SIM card or contract applies to this phone.
Is this phone brand new?
Yes. Unless the description of the product suggests otherwise (I.e. EX-DEMO) then this product is brand new and has not been used before.
Is there any network/operator branding?
No - There is only the manufacturer’s branding.
Does the phone have a Micro SDHC/memory card slot?
Yes. It can take microSD cards up to a size of 128GB.
CAT have informed us that Class U1 and higher cards are not compatible with the S60. For best results, do not exceed Class 10 SD cards.
What SIM card does this phone use?
It uses a Nano SIM
Is this a dual SIM phone?
Yes, the S60 supports 2 SIM cards.
Can I drop this phone?
The S60 is rated and designed to withstand drops onto concrete from a height of 1.8 meters although regular drops onto concrete and other surfaces may result in physical damage.
Is this phone waterproof?
The S60 can be used in fresh water to a depth of 5 meters for up to 1 hour.
Does this phone have NFC?
Yes the S60 has NFC capabilities.
Does this phone have wireless charging?
No - Qi wireless charging is NOT supported
Does this phone have Gorilla Glass?
Yes, Gorilla Glass 4.
Does it have an FM radio?
Yes, although a headset is required to act as an antenna.
Do you have a question?