Philips Hue Starter Kit White Overview
Interested in Philips Hue equipment? Well Starter Kits are, as the name suggests, the perfect place to start!
The White bulbs are the entry level of the Hue system. The standard White Starter Kit provides E27 screw fix bulbs capable of producing dimmable warm white light.
Bulbs can be managed individually or as part of a group. With the Philips Hue app you can manage the brightness output manually, or set timers and triggered events via other connected equipment to change your environment.
What is Philips Hue?
Philips Hue is now one of the most accessible and popular global options to create a personalised lighting suite in your home.
Developed using the smart Zigbee lighting protocol, all you need to get started is a Philips Hue Bridge and the Philips Hue app for your iOS or Android device.
The Bridge acts as a controller. Place it somewhere central and accessible, and it will talk to any of the Philips Hue bulbs, lamps and accessories you choose to plug in around your home.
Through the app, you can then control the connected equipment, either individually or in groups. If you connect your Bridge to your home router via an Ethernet cable, you can also use the app to remotely control your lighting from anywhere in the world when connected to the Internet.
As the system uses the Zigbee protocol, items can be automatically updated with new software and can also integrate with Zigbee equipment from other manufacturers.
Reasons to buy Philips Hue Starter Kit White
- Get started with Philips Hue lighting
- Includes 2 entry level warm white bulbs
- Includes Philips Hue bridge to control connected items
- Control bulbs manually or set timers and triggers
- Dimmable with compatible Hue apps
Discover the Full Philips Hue Range
There are a wide range of Philips Hue bulbs, lamps and other lighting equipment. Choose a select combination of fittings to suit your personal style and homespace.
Starter kits are designed for the first time Philips Hue user. Each kit comes complete with at least two bulbs, plus a Philips Hue Bridge.
The Bridge is the controller; all of your installed Hue equipment talks through it. It's also what your smartphone is talking to when you make changes. The Bridge can be connected to the Internet to allow remote control when you are out of range of your home network.
Individual bulbs can be added to your Philips Hue network at any time. A single Philips Hue Bridge can control up to 50 unique bulbs simultaneously.
Most bulbs are available in one of B22 bayonet, E27 screw or GU10 spotlight options. White and Colour / White Ambiance models are dimmable, standard White are not.
Alongside the standalone bulbs, Philips also offer plug-and-play lamps and LED tracks. These items are provided with a wired mains power adaptor.
They can also be controlled directly via smartphone apps, rather than going through a Philips Hue Bridge, although they can be included with a Bridge network if you wish to integrate them with other Hue eqipment.
Looking to remotely control or add some automation to your Philips Hue network? A few controllers are available to assist you. Motion sensors can be added and programmed with IFTTT, alongside remote control switches and dimmers.
Philips Hue Starter Kit White Specification
- 25,000 hours / 50,000 switch cycles
- 9.5 W (0.5W standby)
- Functional warm white light / 2700K / 806 lumens / >80 CRI
- Dimmable, beam angle - 180° +- 20°
- Operational temperature: -10°C – 45°C
- Operational humidity: 5% < H < 95%
- Upgradable software
- Zigbee Light link protocol 1.0 certified
- Frequency band: 2400–2483.5 MHz
- Dimensions: 88 x 88 x 26 mm
- Desktop or wall mountable
- Max of 50 bulbs and 12 accessories per bridge
- Mounting options: Desktop, Wall
- Power adapter: 100–240 V AC / 50–60Hz, (5V DC 2A) Standby power: 1.5W max
- Power consumption: 300mA typical
- Operational temperature: 0°C – 40°C
- Operational humidity: 0% < H < 90%
- Upgradeable software
What's in the box
- 2x Hue White bulbs (E27)
- 1x Philips Hue Bridge
- 1x Ethernet network cable
- 1x UK/EU power adapter (swappable plug)
Supported mobile OS