Sony Xperia Ear Duo Overview
Discover a new listening experience with the intuitive and unique Sony Xperia Duo.
Winner of a Red Dot Design Award in 2018, this striking set of wireless earbuds offers deep integration with your Apple or Android smartphone.
Enjoy access to either platform's voice assistant, as well as giving you full control over media playback and calls, all without interfering with ambient noise from the world around you.
The ergonomic design may look unusual at first. However, this is the result of an incredible amount of research to product the most ergonomic structure to suit as many head and ear shapes as possible. This provides a secure and comfortable fit, without being intrusive.
Hear the best of both worlds
Each of the Ear Duo's units features two microphones for a quad-microphone set up. Through this, Xperia Ear Duo can effortlessly capture your voice and dampen external noise during phone calls.
What about being able to hear the outside world when you need to though? The sound of oncoming traffic in a city or the twittering of birds in a forest - neither of these should be completely lost when walking.
Sony have developed the Spatial Acoustic Conductor to achieve a perfect balance. This allows the sound generated behind the ear by the unit´s driver to be transmitted directly into the ear. The specially designed ring supporter surrounds the ear canal so your music can blend seamlessly with sounds from your environment.
Forget you're wearing it
The Xperia Ear Duo doesn’t block the ear canal, so you can hear your music and the environment around you simultaneously. Even better, the volume automatically adjusts depending on your surroundings for an optimised audio experience.
With a truly wireless design and innovative structure developed for comfort, the Xperia Ear Duo delivers a natural listening experience.
With a ring supporter that’s made with soft materials and comes in three different sizes, it’s comfortable enough to wear all day, every day.
Smart assistance when you need it
Use the power of voice recognition to send messages or to turn on your music. Four microphones isolate your voice from the surrounding noise so you can connect effortlessly to services such as Google or Siri – just tap to get started.
Switch seamlessly between music, calls, news and more without ever touching a button. Daily Assist uses multiple sensors to recognise your activities, time and location to understand what you need, and when.
"You have a meeting at 9am this morning!"
Daily Assist gives you relevant time and location based support, for example, when you’re about to reach the office it reminds you what time your next meeting is.
"You have 2 new messages"
Listen to messages and reply hands-free. Daily Assist reads your messages then lets you dictate your response, so you can stay in touch seamlessly on the go.
Reasons to buy Sony Xperia Ear Duo
- Genuine Sony Xperia audio accessory
- True wireless interaction and device control
- Answer calls and access Android or Apple device assistant (Google or Siri)
- Touchpad controls and head gestures
- Quad microphone arrangement (2x per unit)
- Includes convenient charge & carry case
- Case charges by USB-C (included) with inductive charging of earpieces
- IPX2 water resistance
- 10.6 grams each, 76 grams case (97.2 grams total)
- Available in Black or Gold
Sony Xperia Ear Duo Specifications
- Android version 5.0 or later / Bluetooth profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP
- iOS version 10 or later / Bluetooth profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP * iPad not supported
Daily Assist languages
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Core unit 56 mAh each
- Charging case 740 mAh
- IPX2 water protection on core unit
- Core unit 10.6g each
- Charging Case 76g
- Core units 17.5 x 59.6 x 10.2 mm
- Charging case 89 x 89 x 25 mm
- Touchpad on each core unit
- Head Gesture capability
- Google™ for Android
- Siri for iOS
- Daily Assist
- Voice notifications
- Anytime Talk
- Quad microphone arrangement
- Two microphones on each core unit
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- USB Type C
- Easy pairing with Host App (automatic pairing when Host App is opened and device is nearby)
- USB Type-C (on charging case, for charging)
- Quad microphone with beamforming Noise suppression
- Adaptive volume control
- Echo and Wind noise cancellation
- Clear Phase TM
- Dynamic driver unit on each core unit
- Codecs SBC/AAC
- Host application available on Google Play/iTunes App Store
- Android 5.0 or later
- iOS10 or above
- No support for iPad
- Up to 2.5 hours
- Up to 10 hours with Charging Case
- Up to 4 hours
- Up to 16 hours with Charging Case
Stand by Time
- 7 minutes for 1 hour listening
Accessories (In the box)
- Charging case
- Ring supporter (S/M/L),
- USB Type-C Cable