Overview of HTC Desire - Graphite
THIS HANDSET HAS NOW BEEN DISCONTINUED. THE LATEST HANDSET IN THE DESIRE RANGE IS THE HTC DESIRE C.
THE HTC DESIRE WHILST SHIPPING WTH ANDROID 2.1 CAN BE UPDATED TO ANDROID 2.2 FOR FREE VIA AN OVER THE AIR UPDATE
You desire to own the best, and you can with the HTC Desire.
The equivalent to the Google Nexus One, but incorporating additional Ram and a optical trackball, the HTC Desire has everything to make this device the best in the market and a smartphone you will find indispensable.
Powered by Google Android 2.1 with HTC Sense, the HTC Desire has an operating system and user interface that knocks other smartphones by the wayside, enabling you to function like never before. Whether for business use or pleasure the Desire has the facilities to respond and work in every situation. The rich feature set keeps you connected and in touch with the world.
Direct from the home screen, check your email, calendar, tasks or the latest RSS feeds from your favourite website.
Personalise your device to work for you. With over 15,000 applications in the Google Marketplace there are bound to be applications that enhance your user experience, willing you to take the HTC Desire wherever you go.
A 1GHz processor will make light work of running applications, ensuring a very fast, trouble free and responsive interaction with the device.
A 3.7 inch SLCD display means that all content appears on screen in richer deeper colours without sacrifice to battery life or the device's size. Drawing up to 10 times less power than a VGA display, meaning you can work for longer with the 1400mAh battery without the need tocharge the device.
3G/HSDPA support is standard on the HTC Desire, as is Bluetooth, WiFi, a MicroSDHC memory card slot, a 5 megapixel camera with flash and an internal GPS antenna.
Gone is the roller trackball to be replaced with a clickable optical trackball for increased accuracy and reliability.
A proximity, ambient light and G-Sensor are also included to enhance the user experience you enjoy with the Desire, and ensure energy is conserved where possible to ensure you don't run out of power.
The HTC Desire is very responsive, and with the Friend Stream application pre-installed , this HTC exclusive feature allows you to be the fastest to respond to the latest Facebook, Twitter and other social network feeds all from one screen. Just input your social network logins once and Friend Stream will pull all the latest stat updates direct to your phone, and you can reply and update your status here to each of the different social networking sites.
So how much better can it get?
Well the HTC Desire also allows you to sync with iTunes and can record video in HD resolution (720p via an over the air update after launch) through the 5 megapixel camera.
All of this in a device that weighs just 135g (including the battery) and is no more that 11.9 mm thick?! No wonder it is named the Desire, who wouldn't desire to own one?
The unit colour is Graphite - The colour is that shown in the images, it has grey/gunmetal/brown hue to it.
Features of HTC Desire - Graphite
- Google Android 2.1 with HTC Sense interface
- 1GHz Processor
- 3.7 inch SLCD display for better quality image resolution whilst using less power
- HSDPA wireless connectivity
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- Internal GPS antenna
- Optical, clickable trackball
- Less than 12mm thick
- 135g in weight
- 1400mAh battery
- MicroUSB connectivity
- 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio
- MicroSDHC memory card slot (with 4GB MicroSDHC card included)
- HTC Friend Stream
- 2 year warranty
What's in the box of HTC Desire - Graphite
- HTC Desire
- 4GB MicroSD Memory Card
- Micro USB to USB Sync/Charge Cable
- Wired 3.5mm headset with simple remote controller RCE150
- UK AC Charger
- Documentation Quick Start Guide
SIM Free & UnlockedYes
- Capacity (Up to)Up to 32GB
- TypeSLCD Capacitive touch screen
- Resolution 480 x 800 WVGA
- OtherPinch-to-zoom capability
- Frequencies850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- SpeedGPRS: Up to 114 kbps downloading, EDGE: Up to 560 kbps downloading
- FrequenciesHSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
- SpeedUp to 7.2 Mbps download speed, Up to 2 Mbps upload speed
- Version2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
- FunctionsA2DP for wireless stereo headsets, FTP and OPP (object push) for file transfer, Other supported profiles: AVRCP, GAP, GOEP, HFP, HSP, PBAP, SPP, Service Discovery Application Profile
- DataStandard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
- PowerStandard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
- Audio3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Optical TrackpadOptical Trackpad
- Built-in SoftwareGoogle Maps, HTC Footprints
- FlashAuto Focus and flash
- OtherFace detection capability, Widescreen photo capture
Front Facing Camera
- Formats.aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, mp3, .wav, .wma
- Formats.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv
- Recording.3gp (720p High Definition Video capture)
Near Field Communication
- TypeRechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Dimensions119 x 60 x 11.9 mm (4.7 x 2.36 x 0.47 inches)
Weight 135 grams (4.76 ounces) with battery
SoftwareHTC Sync, HTC Peep for Twitter, Friend Stream
OtherInternet sharing through USB, Automatically lowers the ringer volume as soon as the phone is picked up, Mutes the ringer when the phone is flipped face down, Backs up certain data and settings to the microSD card automatically, such as SMS/MMS messages, bookmarks, Wi-Fi™ passwords, and more