Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor Overview
Blood Pressure is a very important personal metric to keep monitored.
If you have a family history of heart disease or hypertension, your doctor may have mentioned keeping an eye on the figure. If you have ever suffered from a heart related illness, or are just simply looking to improve overall fitness, regular monitoring of your blood pressure can be an important part of your lifestyle.
Home use blood pressure monitors have existed for many years, however keeping track of the data has been a manual process. With the Withings Wireless monitor, each reading is seamlessly transferred to a companion smartphone app. From here the data is saved to your Withings account for later analysis and can be shared with trusted parties such as your personal physician.
Using the Withings Blood Pressure Monitor is as simple as unwrapping the cuff, lining it up around your bicep and pressing the power button. The companion app on your smartphone will then display a large green 'Start' button. Press this and the monitor will automatically inflate, take a reading and deflate.
As the monitor works through the process, your systolic and diastolic pressure will be displayed on screen, as well as your heart rate. The information is saved for later review once the process has finished.
Using the companion app or online Withings account from a desktop browser, you can chart blood pressure data over a set time for easy analysis. The data is broken down by time as well, so you can spot changes throughout the day or compared to meals and exercise.
The Withings Blood Pressure Monitor's results have approved scientific value. Several regulatory bodies have tested the device and approved the results.
Clearance has been given by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the USA, as well as European medical device regulations. The unit has also been cleared by medical bodies in Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Available for free for both iOS and Android devices, the Withings App allows you to look through synchronised data and chart details over several weeks and months.
The app is also connected to other Withings connected products you may own such as the Pulse Ox fitness tracker and connected scales.
By creating an account and inputting personal data such as height & weight, you can see areas to work on. For instance doing longer exercises and aiming to get more sleep, as you improve the figures for weight and average heart rate towards set goals.
Reasons to buy Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
- FDA cleared - High accuracy blood-pressure & heart rate
- Easy and precise self-measurement of blood pressure
- Wireless - receive data to your smartphone
- Instant colour-coded feedback
- Save and share data instantly with trusted parties
What's in the box with Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
- Withings Blood Pressure Monitor
- 4x AAA Alkaline (LR3) cells - already installed
- Quick Installation Guide (FR/EN/DE/ES/IT)
- Free Health Mate app
- Free Withings account
Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor Metrics
- Cuff oscillo metric method
- 0 to 285 mmHg
- Accuracy: ±3 mmHg or 2% of reading
- Measurement range: from 40 to 180 beats per minute
- Accuracy: 5% of reading
- Fits arm circumferences 22 to 42 cm (9 to 17 in)
- Automatic inflation
- Controlled release
Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor Specifications
- 150 x 140 x 100mm
- 600 grams (without batteries)
- 10°C to 40°C operating temperature (15 to 90% RH)
- -20°C to 60°C storage temperature (10 to 95% RH)
- FDA-cleared in the USA
- Compliant with European medical device regulations
- Medically approved in Canada, Australia and New Zealand
Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor Connectivity
iOS (iOS7 or higher)
- iPhone (4 and above)
- iPod touch (4th generation or higher)
- iPad (2nd generation or higher)
Android (4.0 or higher)
- Requires Bluetooth or Internet connectivity
Bluetooth Smart Ready
Can be used over regular Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy connections
- 4x 1.5V AAA alkaline batteries (LR3)
- Provided in the box