WHY CHOOSE US
With over 20 years of trading behind us, we can boast a large customer base ranging from individual consumers through to large corporate and government organisations here in the UK and internationally.
Whether you are looking for a case, a cable or a number of smartphones for your staff, just some of the reasons to chosoe Clove are:
- Mobile technology specialists
- Trading since 1992
- Free & impartial advice
- Friendly staff based in the UK
- Telephone & email support
- Competitive prices
- International delivery
- Secure payments
- Active on socail media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & Google
See what existing customers think of us. CLICK HERE to see our Trusted Shops rating or to find out more, view our About Us page.
If you have any questions then please call us on 44 (0)1202 552936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to giving you the best prices possible so if you find an identical product elsewhere then fill out our form and let us know.
We will always try to match a competitors price but cannot guarantee that we will be able to.
To qualify for a price match:
- The competitor must be located in the UK
- The item must be the same specification & colour
- The item must be originally intended to be sold in the same sales region (UK)
- The competitor must have the product in stock
Any item we price match will include delivery costs
For any further details please call us on +44(0)1202 552936
THE LG G2 HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. THE LG G3 IS THE REPLACEMENT. FIND OUT MORE HERE.
LG G2 Overview
With smartphones as powerful and versatile as they are it can be difficult for manufacturers to introduce something different, desirable and compelling to use.
The G2 from LG has some different and desirable features.
On the face of it, the G2 looks similar to other high end smartphones. However, look a little closer and the unique features of the G2 start to become more evident.
Let us start with the lack of buttons on the side or top of the device. The controls for the G2 sit under the camera on the back of the phone. They sit in the position where most peoples' index fingers will fall when holding a phone, so they are appropriately placed for quick access.
You can control the power,the volume, launch QuickMemo or the camera with a long press on either the up or down key.
Quickly power the screen on without touching the power button. Simply tap twice on the screen to activate and twice to turn off, that is LG’s KnockON feature.
A dominant feature of this device is the 5.2 inch Full HD display which makes it larger than the S4 but smaller than the screen of the Note 2 from Samsung. With a bezel around the edge of the screen measuring just 2.65mm on each side there isn’t any excess profiling to the G2, size and weight have been minimised.
A large screen often needs more power and the G2 has a in built 3000mAh battery which has been designed to maximise the internal space of the device whilst keeping it as thin as possible. LG also employs Graphic RAM technology to reduce the energy used by the screen, which will reduce energy usage by up to 26% so even more battery life is conserved.
We use our mobiles for so many purposes now,aside from making phone calls. The large display is excellent for web browsing and social media interactions when paired with the numerous connectivity options that the G2 has, but media also plays an important part.
The G2 is the first smartphone to feature 24 bit/192KHz Hi-Fi playback through the on board speakers to produce playback quality better than that of a CD.
Positioned above the rear controls is a 13 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, 1080p HD video recording @60fps and Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) technology to reduce blurring and help capture a brighter and sharper final image.
It isn’t all about the hardware though; the software is just as important.
Android 4.2.2 is installed out of the box so the user interface will be intuitive and customisable and you will discover many of your favourite apps pre-installed. Or if they are missing, just download them from Google Play Store.
On top of this LG have added their own tweaks to enhance your user experience and make the G2 a more practical everyday solution.
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link —Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customised to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects your privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
- Audio Zooming - Lets you zero in on a specific audio source by zooming in on your subject while recording video. Afterwards, you can hear it more clearly during playback.
- KNOCKON - Just knock twice on the G2 to gently awake your phone’s display without picking it up or pressing the power key. G2 senses the gesture and turns the display on.
- Tracking Zoom - Focus in on your favourite subject, without losing track of the big picture. Tracking Zoom lets you create unique videos with a picture-in-picture frame that highlights your selected subject’s movements, while keeping the rest of the scene in view. This feature zooms in on the moving subject you select, and tracks their actions in a separate pane overlapping the background video.
- Dual Recording/Dual Camera - Put yourself in the picture, even if you’re the one behind the camera. Dual Recording/Dual Camera lets you activate the front and rear cameras simultaneously, so you can record yourself and your subject at the same time.
- Zoom to Track - Selectively zoom in on a subject during playback. Simply select a moving object on your screen while watching a video, and Zoom to Track zooms in and tracks it throughout the clip.
- Capture Plus - Instead of a limited screen capture, Capture Plus lets you take a screen shot of a full web page
- Clip Tray - Operates as a PC-like clipboard that stores pictures, text and links you’d like to reference later.
All of this is powered by a quad-core 2.26GHz processor and is backed up by 2GB RAM and 16 or 32GB of internal memory.
The G2 is a stylish and powerful smartphone with the features you desire.
Reasons to buy the LG G2
- 5.2 inch full HD display
- 2.26GHz quad core processor
- 16/32GB internal memory
- 2GB RAM
- 13 megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabalisation (OIS)
- 3000mAh battery
- 24 bit/192KHz Hi-Fi like audio playback
- MHL video out
- USB hosting/OTG support
- Android 4.2.2
- LG user experience tweaks including Answer Me, Plug & Pop, Text Link & more
Box contents of the LG G2
- LG G2
- SIM Ejector Tool
- 3 Pin UK Mains Adapter
- MicroUSB Cable
- QuadBeat 2 Premium Earphones
SIM Free & UnlockedYes
- Make/ModelQualcomm Snapdragon 800 featuring quad Krait CPU
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Other423ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Frequencies850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Frequencies850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Speed900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 / 850
- VersionIEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
- DataMicroUSB / USB OTG / USB Host
- Video OutMicroUSB SlimPort
- Hardware ButtonsRear facing button with up & down volume keys plus power and quick access to apps
- Antenna TypeInternal Glonass
- Built-in SoftwareGoogle Mpas
- FlashAuto Focus and LED Flash
- OtherGeo-tagging, face detection, optical image stabilization, HDR, 1080p HD recording @60fos, HDR, video stalisation
Front Facing CameraYes
- Formats24bit x 192kHz Hi-Fi Sound
Near Field Communication
Dimensions138.5 x 70.9 x 9.1 mm (5.45 x 2.79 x 0.35 in)
Weight 143g (5.04 oz)
OtherDolby mobile sound enhancement
The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about this product. Hopefully you will find the answer to your question, if not, use the contact form below and we shall answer it for you.
A further HTC One FAQ can be found in this blog post
Do you ship internationally?
Yes - If you are located outside of the UK you may want to take a look at our list of FAQs for international customers on the following link:http://www.clove.co.uk/international-customers.aspx
Is this phone SIM FREE and Unlocked?
Yes, this phone is unlocked and can be used with networks around the world. Do check the specifications to ensure compatibility in your region with your network provider. No SIM card or contract applies to this phone.
Is this phone brand new?
Yes. Unless the description of the product suggests otherwise (I.e. EX-DEMO) then this product is brand new and has not been used before.
Is there any network/operator branding?
No - There is only the manufacturer’s branding.
Does the phone have a Micro SDHC/memory card slot?
No, there is no memory card slot on this phone.
What SIM card does this phone use?
This phone takes a micro SIM card.
Is this handset LTE compatible?
Yes, this is a 4G enabled phone. Compatibility will depend on the country it is used within and the network/airtime provider.
Does this phone have a removable battery?
No, the battery is fixed and can not be removed.
What languages are on the G2?
Do you have a question?